Today, was raining, not just raining, it was a torrential downpour. I’m talking sideways rain, pelting me in one ear, and flying out the other!
- 26.20 Mile
- 04:12:34 Personal Record (official time) previous P.R.: 04:34:00 at Napa Valley Trail Marathon (1998-04-04 07:00:00)
- 2 Barefoot 26.20 Mile races from 1998 to 1999/01/31
- 35 Barefoot races (any distance) from 1998 to 1999/01/31
- My Distance=26.20 Mile
- My time: 04:12:34
- Overall place: 279
- Age division (age = 43) : 50
- surface (0-10): 7
- hills (0-10): 2
- Description: asphalt, concrete, grass
- Location: Pier Plaza
- City: Huntington Beach
- State: California
My very first barefoot ROAD marathon. Last year, 1998, I ran my first barefoot TRAIL marathon, knocking about half-an-hour off my best marathon time of 5:05 – with shoes in 1987. Today I knocked an additional half-hour off that first barefoot marathon (which was on mountain trails).
It was so much fun, and I didn’t even get my shoes wet!
- Surf City Marathon (formerly Pacific Shoreline Marathon
- Long Beach Marathon 1987 (with shoes)
- Napa Valley Trail Marathon 1998
- Barefoot Running Step by Step