President of the Los Angeles Barefoot Runners Society, Ken Bob Saxton believes the cause of joint pain is often shoes.
“They allow us to run very sloppily, they allow us to slam our feet into the ground with higher impact with a straight leg with our knee locked up so that all that impact go straight into the knee and into the hips,” he said.
Saxton has run 79 marathons in his bare feet. He says when he sees sharp objects such as glass on the ground he runs around it or on top of it without getting cut.
“Most of the glass just lays there and as long as you come straight down like this and pick your foot up nothing happens,” he said.
- Growing Number of Runners Opt to Run in Bare Feet
- International Barefoot Running Day in Huntington Beach CA
- Ken Bob’s Regular Runs
- Ken Bob’s Running Barefoot Play-Fun-Shops
- Barefoot Running Step by Step
- Barefoot Ken Bob @ YouTube