While beach sand, even hard pack at low tide may not be the best place to LEARN how to run barefoot (far too comfortable, even when running with poor technique), it is a great desert for those who are already experienced barefoot runners (on hard and rough terrain).
- 4.00 Mile
- 00:25:36 (official time) Personal Record
- 1 Barefoot 4.00 Mile races from 1998 to 2001/05/26
- 122 Barefoot races (any distance) from 1998 to 2001/05/26
- Overall place: 11
- Age division (age = 45) : 2
- surface (0-10): 9
- Description: low-tide sand
- Location: Belmont Pier
- City: Long Beach
- State: California
- Another barefoot runner, Gus (12 years old), almost beat me
12-year old Gus Hamborg almost beat me in this race. He was also a high school state champion runner, I think his mom said that he won the one-mile race barefoot at the championship event.