Ken Bob’s Regular Runs/Walks
- Saturdays at 10:00AM
- Ken Bob’s Play-Fun-Shop – learn to run/walk easy, gently, and gracefully (by appointment – usually Saturday at 8:30AM – Play-Fun-Shop)
- Ken Bob’s Irregular Runs/Walks (by appointment weekday evenings and Sundays – contact Ken Bob at least one week in advance to schedule)
- The Old Same Place
- Near Warner and Pacific Coast Highway
- 3500 Warner Avenue
- Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- behind the Warner-Pacific Coast Hwy Bus Stop
- Meet near the northwest-most restroom
- at Bolsa Chica State Beach
We’re meeting here all year round. Parking may be a bit more difficult in the summer. But, since we’re at the beach show up early and enjoy the beach until it’s time for the run. Bike, bus, carpool, or run here! The weather is nice, usually…
It’s FUN to run and/or walk for fun with old friends and new friends we haven’t met yet. It can be even more fun while barefoot! But feel free and welcome to bring, and wear your footwear if you feel necessary (just try to run gently, so as not to disturb the peace and quite of the barefoot runners). And Ken Bob, with all his months, years, decades, actually about half-a-century of experience running barefoot may be able to help you understand how barefoot running can help you learn to teach yourself how to run and walk more gracefully … so maybe you won’t need those “cheaters” after all
Because it’s more important to me to try to convince millions of people to run or walk a few miles a few times each week, than to convince a few hard-core runners to compete in extraordinary running events.
Where we normally meet for Ken Bob’s Regular Runs and Walks we have several terrains to choose from;
- Dirt trails (some gravel, some acorns)
- Asphalt multi-use path (shared with bicycles, skateboards, rollerbladers, dogs, and other runners)
- Grass (one of the most dangerous terrains for barefoot running)
- Soft sand (another dangerous terrain for barefoot running)
- hard-pack sand (depending on time of low-tide)
- Concrete sidewalks (ironically, one of the most comfortable terrains for barefoot running)
Show up, and we’ll discuss and decide what’s best for that day, time, weather, your experience, etc.
- FREE Parking in Sunset Beach behind the Travelodge Ocean Front, Sunset Beach
- FREE Parking along the Sunset Beach greenbelt (between North Pacific Avenue and South Pacific Avenue from 4th street to Anderson street)
- FREE Parking on Pacific Coast Highway (north side)
- PAID parking in Bolsa Chica State Beach parking lot – requires California State Park pass (daily or annual)
Check the Calendar to confirm the event is being held any given day, then RSVP
- Répondez S’il Vous Plaît
- Respond if you please
- RSVP at The Barefoot Runners Society or
- RSVP to Ken Bob
AT LEAST 2 days prior if you want confirmation that Barefoot Ken Bob will be there.
If nobody RSVPs, don’t expect anyone to be waiting for you! Ken Bob is generally on time, or a few minutes early, and we tend to start running right on schedule, or a minute early. And sometimes if no one RSVPs, or shows up on time (early), Ken Bob might not bother to wait for you, or show up at all.
If you expect to be a few minutes late, contact Ken Bob. He does check his E-mail and text messages (NOT so much Facebook or Twitter) occasionally.
Locate Barefoot Ken Bob in real time
After checking the calendar, RSVP, to let Ken Bob know you’ll be there (this insures he will show up, if he is available – because often no one else will be there)
For other Barefoot Running Events see the Running Barefoot Calendar